Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sam for President

Sam: What are you looking at on your computer?
Me: I am looking at the news. Today everyone in our country is voting for a new President. You see this guy? This is Barack Obama and this is John McCain.
Sam: Can I vote? I voted at school.
Me: You did?
Sam: Yes.
Me: What did you vote for?
Sam: Goldfish.
Me: What was the other choice?
Sam: Cheerios.

Later he asked if he could vote again. So I made him a ballot...each candidate had a box next to their name.

Sam: I want Obama.
Me: You do?
Sam: Yes.
Me: Ok. Put an X by his name.
Sam: Did I win yet?
Me: No dear. Either McCain or Obama is going to win tonight.
Sam: I want to win. Can I be the President?

Later...

Sam: Did McCain-Obama win yet?
Me: Obama won. He is our new President.
Sam: But I want McCain to win TOOOOOOO!

No comments: