Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Friday

We have had a busy week and our weekend is looking just as busy. Sam had a good week at preschool this week... they are learning about Thanksgiving and got to participate in a special tea with the St. Matthew Friendly Club (seniors group). The kids made placemats, learned special songs and decorated cookies to share.

Wednesday I took Sam to the dentist. To my surprise he did awesome. Ben was quite busy running around the office, climbing on chairs, talking to the staff etc. Sam had his teeth cleaned and was thrilled with his prizes - a new toothbrush, beaded necklace and spiderman sticker. These items have become some of his special "treasures"... he has been sleeping with them along with his blanket, Woody, Woody's hat, and a flashlight and two CDs. We go through the routine at bedtime and naptime rounding up all of his "stuff" as he calls it.

Our bathroom is gutted and I started painting tonight. It took forever for me to finally decide on the color. The kids and I went to pick it up this afternoon (I hope we are allowed back after they both ran wild through the store chasing each other). The ceiling is done as well as the edges and corners...so tomorrow I just have to roll the walls and we are done. Tiling will be done Monday and then just need to put in the sink and the "new potty" as the boys are calling it.

Tomorrow night Brian's two sisters and brother and their families are all coming over for dinner. It will be fun to catch up and see all of the kiddos and how much they have grown.

Below - photos of my little picassos. Sam is always asking to paint and do art. I wish I was creative and crafty! I am going to try and do better with having art supplies and projects for them to work on.

More updates and photos tomorrow. Off to bed!

No comments: