Thursday, May 6, 2010

6 years ago today...

a tiny baby boy was born. Sam surprised us by arriving a month before his due date... but was happy and healthy.
Today he turned 6! He was so excited this week to have a birthday. Every day he kept asking "am I 6 yet?"

He also lost his first tooth today! It was a big day for Sam!
Tonight we had a party at Out of This World Pizza. His only request was that there be an R2D2 on his cake.
Ben's only request was that we turn his cake over so he could "lick the frost"...
Presents...
Tired cousins... and R2D2.

The party was a hit and we finally got them home about 3 hours later. It was time for bed and Sam started getting nervous about the tooth fairy. He started asking all kinds of questions:

Will I hear her?
How will she get under my pillow?
Does she fly?
Will her wings touch me?
Where does she live?

So we decided the tooth would go on the dresser so the tooth fairy wouldn't get too close.

I can't believe our little guy is 6. In the past year he has changed so much and grown up in so many ways. He started kindergarten and played on soccer, basketball and tball teams. He's met new friends, lost much of his shyness, become more curious, more confident, and questions how most things work, and is a great big brother to Ben. Every week he looks taller and some day won't fit on my lap anymore. He still loves to snuggle and write me sweet notes about how cool I am, and how much he loves me. We'll see how long that lasts! I can't wait to see how he grows in the coming year. Happy Birthday Sam!

No comments: